Welcome to Sardis Forest Patio Homes!
A Great Place to Live
ADJACENT PROPERTY INFORMATION
Address at the Galleria Apartments: Taft Development Group is building a 250-unit apartment complex at 10252 Monroe Road. As shown on the site plan below, the apartment complex was originally named Proximity Matthews. This development will be accessed from Monroe Road and the new connector road from Nolley Court which runs between the City Barbeque Restaurant and our 9128 building. Work began on the site in March 2019. The temporary fence between the development site and our property has been removed and will be replaced by a permanent eight-foot wood shadow box fence with masonry columns. Although COVID-19 slowed development of the apartment complex, it is now projected that one or two buildings near Monroe Road will be occupied by September 2020 and that all ten buildings will be occupied by February 2021. After work is completed on the buildings, the amenities will be constructed including a connection to the cemetery at the back of the development site.
Crown Court Senior Apartments: The Charlotte Housing Partnership is developing a 3-to-4 story building on Nolley Court that will include120 senior apartments, most of which will be one-bedroom units. The building will be 4 stories tall in the center and 3 stories tall on each end. The age of the senior residents will be 55+ for 110 units with 10 units to be designated by law for age 45+. Work began on the site in August 2019. Construction is expected to be completed by November 2020, and occupancy is expected to begin in January 2021. This could be delayed because of COVID-19.
GREAT NEWS !!! Approval has been given by the Department of Transportation for a left-turn arrow at the intersection of Monroe Road and Galleria Boulevard leading into our community. It is expected to be installed in the summer of 2020.
A request for a three-way stop at the intersection of Galleria Boulevard and Nolley Court will be submitted to the Department of Transportation after the Crown Court and Address at the Galleria apartments are occupied at which time a decision will be made based upon a true picture of the traffic pattern.
Speed cushions (sometimes called speed bumps) have been requested for Nolley Court between the back of the shopping center and the Crown Court Apartments development.
- Review the information posted by the Board of Directors on the message boards in the mailbox kiosks.
- Select the CONTACT US tab above for various ways to contact Cedar Management Group (“Cedar”) to submit requests, questions, concerns etc.
- If you want to make any exterior changes to your unit, it is very important that you submit a detailed request to Cedar. The request will be forwarded to the Association’s Architectural Control (ARC) Committee for review and you will be notified of its decision within 30 days.
- Submit (or have your insurance company submit) to Cedar a copy of your HO3 homeowner insurance renewal each year. NOTE: If you rent your unit, or if it is vacant, contact your insurance company to confirm that you have the correct type of homeowner insurance policy for a rental or vacant unit. For additional insurance information, select the ABOUT US tab above or see the INSURANCE section in our Rules and Regulations which may be viewed by selecting the ASSOCIATION DOCUMENTS tab above.
- For neighborhood news, go to http://Nextdoor.com and select Sardis Forest.